Wednesday, March 13, 2019

22 thatched huts gutted in a fire accident in Kuthuppapallam of Trichy.

Damaged dwellings of fire victims
Twenty two thatched huts were gutted in a fire caused by an electrical short circuit in Kuthuppapallam slum near the birds’ road in Trichy in the early hours of Tuesday, 12 March 2019.The blast aggravated the fire which spread to nearby thatched huts.Though neither any casualty nor any injuries were reported in the accident, properties worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes.  22 Huts were totally damaged and people have no place to stay, currently the slum dwellers stay in the road side. 127 people including children and old people stay in open air. Some local people provided basic food for the first day. SEVAI, a Trichy based NGO distributed blankets and tarpaulins for the roofs damaged families  as interim arrangement with the support of local youth. District Welfare Committee provided Rs.1500 per fire victims’ family for
DWC Treasurer handsover Rs.33000 for fire vidtims
22 families for immediate and emergency 
expences especially  for children and old age people. The fire victims express that all these 22 damaged huts dwellers need renovation of the devastated huts. There is an urgent need to speed up the renovation as in-situ shelter with fire proof roofs. It is also important to retrieve the damaged records from Government sources and bring back the peoples life to normalcy. –Kris.

1 comment:

  1. Good day !!
    We are Christian Organization formed to help people in need of help,such as
    financial assistance, Do you need a loan to pay your bills? Do you need
    Personal Business Car or Student loans? Need a loan for various other
    purposes? If yes contact us today.
    Please these is for serious minded and God fearing People.

    Email: jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com

    Text or call: +1-205-5882-592.

    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    Website: jacksonwaltonloancompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete